What Should I Know About Motorcycle Insurance?

If you are a motorcyclist, then you should consider getting as much uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage as you can. This kind of policy will help you recoup the cost of your injuries and damages in the event that the motorist who caused your accident cannot cover your expenses. Often, the happens if the at-fault driver simply has no insurance at all. However, if the other person has only the minimum coverage required by the state, then the limits of this policy may be insufficient to fully compensate you. In this video, attorney Patrick Dibenedetto explains what you need to know about motorcycle insurance.

Video Transcription

The kind of insurance that motorcyclists should have, most importantly, is as much underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage as they can possibly afford. Uninsured motorist coverage covers you in the circumstance where the person who hits you doesn’t have any insurance. Underinsured motorist coverage covers you in those circumstances where, maybe, the person who hit you only has the state minimum $25,000 limits. You can stack your underinsured motorist coverage up on top of that, so you have a bigger pool of insurance money to go after. And so the higher your limits, the more protection you’re buying for yourself.

Leave a Reply