Meet Injury Attorney Tom Metier
Senior Managing Partner
At a young age, Thomas Metier wanted to help the “little” guy. Whether he realized his calling as a child when he saw bullies picking on the weaker kids or as a young college student, helpless and alone while recuperating from a motorcycle accident, Tom knew his calling in life was to protect working people and their families who have lost their strength due to the wrongful, negligent acts of others. Tom wanted to create a firm devoted 100 percent to litigation and sought to surround himself with injury lawyers with the same grit and determination to fight for the rights of people who suffered a catastrophic injury.
Tom is the senior managing member of Metier Law Firm, LLC. A native of Iowa, Tom graduated cum laude from Coe College and received his doctor of jurisprudence from the University of Iowa. Licensed to practice in Colorado, Wyoming, the U.S. District Court–District of Colorado, the U.S. District Court–District of Wyoming, the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court, his national practice consists of a diverse range of practice areas including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, trucking accidents and motor vehicle accidents.
Tom is a director of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, a faculty member of the Trial Lawyers College, a member of the AAJ’s President’s Club, the Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the Larimer County Bar Association.
In 2005, Tom earned the honor of “Super Lawyer” in the “The Best Lawyers in America.” He also received the highest peer review rating possible in “Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.” Tom is a board certified civil trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, a frequent speaker at legal seminars and a teacher of trial skills to attorneys across the country.
Because of Tom’s innovative trial techniques, Metier Law Firm, LLC earned a national reputation for providing comfort, safety and strength to the catastrophically injured. Other firms often call upon Metier Law Firm, LLC to provide assistance on their languishing cases, even weeks prior to trial.
When not protecting the rights of personal injury victims across the country, Tom, his wife and two children devote their time to numerous community and charitable events as well as enjoying the great outdoors throughout Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 1986 – Present, Executive Committee Member
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association, 1989 – Present, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, 1981 – Present, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 1986 – Present, Member
- Coloradoans for Civil Justice, 1990 – 1991, Member
- Colorado Alliance for Insurance Reform, 1989 – Present, Member
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce, 1988 – 1989, Member
- Warriors for Justice, 1996 – Present
- Trial Lawyers College, Faculty Member
- Larimer County Bar Association, Member
- AAJ’s President’s Club, Member
- Law Leaders, Member
Honors and Awards
- Board certified civil trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Nations Top 1% 2019
- Super Lawyer, The Best Lawyers in America, 2005
- Highest peer review rating possible in Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers